New Topic Post Reply  [ 1 post ] 
  Print view | E-mail friend
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:20 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points awarded: 14 times
Points received: 15 times
For the last year or so, I have not had the time to maintain this site. I don't know where John is, I don't know who he has promoted to admins, and I don't know if any of those admins know how to use PHPBB.

I took a look around and saw the devistation cause by the goddam spammers. So I've gone around and repaired the site. Here is what was and is going on with the Ibeadick.com site.

- All the spam and the accounts that created them are gone. If any of you moderators have issues with your forum permissions, get ahold of me (which will be discussed below).

- To prevent future spam, I will rotate the anti-bot question every month. They will eventually get in, but I'll just create a new rotation if that occurs. Not a problem anymore.

- Cleaned up the Douche and Dick of the Month forums. They are the first links on the main page and I didn't want them to look like shit, although for the last year of winners, it's empty.

- Other than that, just refreshed the topic and post count and backed up the entire forum.

- For the mods or creators of the following forums...

The house that RAGE built
The Groups According to Atlas
Taylor Hart's life

Send a logo or banner to the support@ibeadick.com email and Ill put them up on the main site with a direct link. RAGE, you may have already sent me one. Ill check the email in a couple of days and if it's there, Ill get it.

Ill stick around for a few days to make sure the forum is stablized. Otherwise Im unable to be available to check the posts here on a daily basis. If any of you need to contact me, here are the ways to do that...

support@ibeadick.com - I check in on this email once every 2-4 weeks. Don't expect a quick response.

facebook - For any of you that are a member of the Ibeadick group on facebook, find my profile and message me there. Most of the older members there know who I am. I check in on those messages about once a week.

private message here - again don't expect a quick response. I check them as much as I'm on, which could be days or months apart.

Or have John call me, if anyone knows what the fuck he is doing.

Report this post
Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 1 post ]